[Ansteorra-announce] Bjornsborg's Legacy of Lions and 30th Anniversary, October 20-22, 2006

Carolle Ternus cternus at texas.net
Tue Oct 3 21:04:04 PDT 2006

Greetings Ansteorra and well met!

The Grand Tournament, Legacy of  Lions, is fast approaching!  Are YOU ready!?!

In 2 and a half weeks, we shall see the forces of the Tournament of Lions vie against the forces of the Tournee de Lyonesse.  Surely you do not want to be left out!

We have received only a few Letters of Intent, and this distresses us mightily!  We are encouraging, with promises of word fame and gifts, letters of intent more creative and beautiful than merely email, but we are eagerly awaiting letters in that medium, also.

(Note, if you plan on mailing a physical letter in whatever medium, do drop us an email note as well, so that we may begin to array the forces on the sides from which they will fight.  If you know of someone who plans on fighting at the event, please direct them toward the website and a letter of intent.)

Remember, as Baron Godwyn and myself both belong to the Order of the Laurel, the arts are precious to us, and we are asking that each combatant be sponsored by an Artisan, who will give a token of their art to us.  It may be as humble as homemade bread or as exalted as calligraphy or carving, but you may not sponsor yourself.

There will be an Arts display, from which Baron Godwyn and myself, the Daughter of Lions and the Daughter of Lyonesse will choose favorites and give out largesse and wordfame.  The theme is Bjornsborg and its history.  Anything from the use of our colors, Argent, Azure, and Or  , to the finest wrought representations of our history, are appropriate.  There will be pumpkin carving, the best of which will be chosen at the Baroness', pleasure.  There will also be a beer, mead, wine and cordials competition run by Baron Iago and HL Lucia, held at the tavern.

This is not your usual tournament.

It is a judged tournament.

Judges you know and those you don't will watch your fighting, your chivalry and courtesy and your comportment.  Play to the crowd, especially the ladies.  Do great deeds and you will be rewarded!  However, without a letter of intent and sponsorship by an artisan, a fighter may fight but will not be chosen as Pride or Defender.

There will be a mace crest tournament, with prizes made by Baron Godwyn - a Mace for the winner, an Iron Rose for the Most Beautiful Crest and an Iron Lily for the Best Death of a Crest. You can find more information and the rules on the website.

All who would attend, particularly as combatants, please read carefully the words on our web pages (http://cternus.home.texas.net/LOLhome/).  We have provided, in EXHAUSTIVE detail, information about the Fees, the Sponsorship, the Letters of Intent, the Schedule, the Fighting, the Arts and the History of the event and our fair Barony.  Remember also, that this celebrates our 30 years as a Barony.

Please come share arts, fighting, history, food, drink and song with us!

Mistress Radegund of Tours and Master Godwyn Alfricson,
5th Baroness and Baron of Bjornsborg, 3rd Barony of Ansteorra