[Ansteorra-announce] More information for Legacy of Lions

Carolle Ternus cternus at texas.net
Thu Oct 12 13:48:08 PDT 2006

Legacy of Lions, Bjornsborg, October 20-22, 2006

Letters of Intent:  Send 'em in asap. We have received rather few letters of intent thus far for our Tournament.

Feasts:  Our feast steward is cooking a feast for 125, and it may sell out.  Sign up soon at ACCEPS if you want to be sure to get feast.  The menu can be found on the feast page of the event web site.  ACCEPS will no longer accept payments past Wed, Oct 18.

Fires:  Comal County has issued a fireban.  No ground fires will be permitted other than those specifically exempted by the event steward.  Only fires in elevated containers (firebowls) will be permitted.   Even with recent rain, we still have a ban.

Meteors:  Our baronial astronomer, Sir Emrys Shaunnon has the following to say:

"I am reminded that one of the best fall displays of "shooting stars" will take place on Saturday, October 21st - the same night as "Legacy of Lions".

Known as the "Orionids", this meteor shower usually produces 20 to 30 meteors per hour. With virtually no moonlight to interfere, weather permitting, our views from Whitewater should be perfect.

It seems that the heavens shall add a bit of celestial fireworks to "Legacy of Lions" and our 30th anniversary celebrations!"

For additional information or questions, see our website at http://cternus.home.texas.net/LOLhome/
Or contact the Steward, Regenwulf, at jacemitchell at ev1.net or myself at cternus at texas.net .

Hope to see many of you soon,
Radegund of Tours