[Ansteorra-announce] Mooneschadowe Triumphe of the Eclipse, Sept 15-17

Meggan Cividanes harperaria at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 19:57:05 PDT 2006

Greetings good gentles! Triumphe is this weekend, and here I present
unto you much essential information in regards to the event.

Site is Will Rogers Boy Scout Camp in Cleveland Oklahoma. (directions
at the bottom of this announcement)
Site opens at 4pm Friday afternoon, and closes at 3pm Sunday.
The site has flush toilets, and showers. Note that the area is
currently under burn ban, so fire pits will not be allowed. Thank you.

Site fees: $9 for adults, $6 for children 6-12, and children 5 and
under are free. Family maximum $30 ($3 NMS where applicable). Feast
Fee: $8 (Children 5 and under free)
Make checks payable to: SCA Inc., Province of Mooneschadowe.

MERCHANTS! We still have plenty of merchanting space available. If you
are interested, please contact Liliana Byrnes at
tabitha.manners at okstate.edu as soon as possible.

*There will be a Laurel's Circle held on Saturday*

THE SCHEDULE

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 15th
4pm Site Opens
9:30pm Rapier Inspection (good for entire event)
10pm Rapier Fighting - torchlight tournament
11pm Chivalric Fighting - torchlight round-robin bastard sword
tournament

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th
8:30am Chivalric Inspections and Tourney sign-in begins
9:00am Chivalric Authorizations, Marksman Competition, Arts and
Sciences Set-up Begins
10:00 am Guardian of the Eclipse List Begins - swiss five followed by a
single elimination tournament
10:30am Archery- Arrow and Bow Inspection
11am-1pm Archery- Royal Round, Arts and Sciences Competition Begins
1:00 pm Rapier Duels (near archery field), Chivalric List Completes
1:15pm Children's Minstrel Competition
2:00pm Minstrel Competition, Chess Competition, Archery- Yeoman
Competition
4:00pm Raffle, Arts and Sciences displays picked-up
Feast - 2 hours before court
Court - at their Majesties' discretion
After Court: Live Chess - Final Round of Competition
Dancing in the Hall (European 'and' Middle Eastern)

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th
8:30am Newcomers Chivalric Tournament, Youth Rapier Tournament, Rapier
Inspection
9am Unreal Tournament Sign-up, Rapier Snowball Melees begin
10am Unreal Tournament begins
Sunday Court - at their Majesties' discretion
3pm Site Closes

Children's Activities Schedule
SATURDAY
8:30am Rosewater
9:30am Weaving
10:30am Dance
11:30am A&S - encouraged information session. Displays up by 1pm,
display pick up 5pm
~12:00 Break~
1:15pm Children's Minstrel Competition
2:00pm Heraldry
3:00pm Shield Wall
4:30pm Children's Court? - at their Majesties' discretion

SUNDAY
9:00am Period Games

FEAST MENU

Menu with Weight Watchers Points per serving**:

FIRST::
Freshly Baked Pita Chips
Carrot Dip - 2.8 pts
Spinach with Raisins -  9.45 pts
White Cheese Dip - 7 pts

SECOND::
Almond and Garlic Soup (cold) - 12.2 pts
Cucumber Soup (cold) - 2.7 pts

THIRD::
Saffron Chicken - 13.2 pts
Parsley Salad - 10.6 pts

FOURTH::
Lamb in Yogurt - 21.4 pts
Saffron Rice - 10.7 pts

FIFTH::
Lebanese Baklava - 13.3 pts
Warm Stuffed Apricots - 15.3 pts
Lemon "Slushie" - 6.5 pts
Watermelon "Slushie" - 4.2 pts

**These are generous estimates.  The actual numbers on the day of the
feast may be the same or respectably lower than the ones reported here,
but none will be higher.

EVENTS OF INTEREST:

RAFFLE - Help us raise funds to purchase additional pavilions.
Raffle tickets may be purchased for $1 each.  Ticket sales will begin
at the opening of gate on Friday evening and end thirty minutes prior
to the drawing on Saturday.  Tickets will be sold at the Main Hall
during peak times or by seeking Lady Sabine Lefevre.  Each ticket
purchased enters the gentle in a chance to pick an item from those
donated.  Items donated to the raffle will be on display in the Main
Hall on Saturday.  The drawing will be held in the Main Hall at or near
the time designated in the event flyer.  All purchased tickets will be
placed in a large container, shuffled, and then randomly drawn until
all items have been distributed.  Several nice items have already been
donated, don't miss the opportunity for a chance to increase your
hoard.

PROVINCIAL PUN/JOKE CONTEST- Help us add some pun-ash to this weekend.
There will be a box set up in the hall to accept contributions to this
cause. Write your provincial pun or joke on a slip of paper with your
name and group and drop it into the box before 7 am Sunday morning.
Those with the best/worst puns will be recognized at the Sunday court.

BEST RELIGIOUS-THEMED ITEM A&S COMPETITION - This is seperate from the
Artisan of the Eclipse competition. Please bring your favorite
religious-themed A&S project!

************************************
Site Directions
>From I-35: take the Cimarron Turnpike / U.S. 412 East towards Tulsa.
Take 99 North. Take 64 East. Look for the Will Rogers Boy Scout
Reservation sign. Entrance will be on your left.
>From Tulsa/ U.S. 412 going West: On 412 going West, at the Cleveland
(last toll-free exit) exit, take 64 West towards Cleveland. Once you
arrive in town, continue to follow the 64 signs westward. Look for the
Will Rogers entrance on your right roughly about four miles outside of
town.

We are very much looking forward to seeing everybody!
Safe travels,
Lady Lillias MacGuffin and Liliana Byrnes, Event Stewards