[Ansteorra-announce] Defenders of the Rose II

Kimberly Koch sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 17 16:49:31 PDT 2006

Unto the good peoples of Ansteorra, warm greetings
from the Companions of the Order of the Rose in the
Kingdom of Ansteorra.

Once again, with the approval of Their Majesties and
the gracious assistance of the Shire of Emerald Keep
and the Shire of Shadowlands, the Companions of the
Order of the Rose announce our Defenders of the Rose
II event! The Defenders of the Rose is a two-day
event, and the Order gently requests that all good
folk attending plan to stay through the Rose Court
that will end the event on Sunday afternoon.

Tournaments will be held to choose Defenders for
Archery, Chivalric combat, Equestrian, Performance
Arts, Rapier combat, and Static Arts. The winner of
each of the Lists will become a Member of the Company
of Defenders of the Rose, a title of honor only. The
title requires no formal duties, except those the
Defenders choose to levy upon themselves, and each
Defender will receive a medallion of precious metals
from the Companions of the Rose there assembled. Come
and vie to join our Company of Defenders of the Rose!

The assembled Companions of the Rose will also be
granting largesse to those who display great prowess,
deeds of chivalry and courtesy, deaths of great drama,
artistry of unique talent, stirring renditions of
bardcraft, or whatever pleases the Companions
throughout the weekend. The theme for the event is
(naturally) Roses, and the Order will look kindly upon
those who honor it with displays of its symbol.

Defenders of the Rose II will be held on the weekend
of November 10-12, 2006, at last year’s site in
Riesel, Texas, just east of Waco. There is plenty of
camping space against a belt of trees, a large feast
hall with full kitchen (and modern plumbing!), a
covered pavilion and plenty of room for our Defender
Tournaments! There are also a number of inns and
taverns close by in Bellmeade and Waco. HL Elisabeth
de Calais will be preparing a fabulous feast for the
first 125 reserved. Feast reservations may be made via
ACCEPS before October 31st.

Please visit the event web site for additional
information on event activities, inn accommodations,
and event staff. You can link to the Defenders of the
Rose site from the Ansteorran Rose site, which can be
reached at www.roses.ansteorra.org.

Directions to site:

>From Dallas: Take I-35 South to Exit 339. Take South
Hwy-6 / South Loop 340. Stay on South Hwy-6 at the
split, and follow it to Riesel.

>From Austin, take I-35 North to Exit 330. Take South
Hwy-6 / South Loop 340 (Robinson / Marlin), stay on
South Hwy-6 as it turns left toward Marlin / Bryan.
Follow South Hwy-6 to Riesel.

>From Houston, take 290 West towards Austin. Exit onto
Hwy-6 North toward Bryan and then toward Marlin /
Waco. Follow North Hwy-6 to Riesel.

In the middle of Riesel, at the flashing yellow light,
take South FM-1860, East toward Mart. **Ignore any
previous signs for FM-1860—look for the flashing
yellow light!** The Lion’s Club Fairgrounds is
approximately 1 mile up on the right.

In Service to Ansteorra,
The Companions of the Order of the Rose in Ansteorra