[Ansteorra-announce] Fiber Arts College, June 23, 2007

Carolle Ternus cternus at texas.net
Mon Apr 30 14:59:02 PDT 2007

Greetings to all the wonderful fiber artisans in Ansteorra and to those curious about the fiber arts, from
Mistress Radegund of Tours.

The Barony of Bjornsborg is proud to host a Fiber Arts College on June 23, 2007.

This will be 2 weeks after King's College.  If you take a fiber arts class then that you want a refresher on or want to move to the next level, we may have the class for you.  After the excitement of outdoor classes, we are pleased to present air-conditioned classrooms and gathering area.  The indigo dyeing and loom-building classes will be outdoors.

This is an off-calendar event.  The idea is classes, no lunch provided - bring a lunch or go offsite to get it, more classes, after classes a potluck dinner and spin/weave/fiber-in, either on site or at someone's house.  Just sitting around talking fiber, working on projects and eating supper.

The website for the event is at http://cternus.home.texas.net/FiberArtsHome/ .  Please check the web site periodically for updates.

The classes I'm lining up include:

Spinning-related classes:
Fiber prep - carding and combing wool
Beginning spinning with handspindle, low or hi whorl
Hand spinning
Beginning spinning with treadle wheel
Period Sheep Breeds

Weaving-related classes:
Beginning tablet -weaving
Beginning Inkle weaving
Quick warp and how to warp a jack loom
Weaving nomenclature

Other fiber-related classes:
Beginning nalbinding
intermediate/advanced nalbinding
Beginning knitting
Tassles
Trapunto
Making Ansteorran insignia
Indigo dyeing
Making period upright tablet weaving loom or period embroidery frame

For questions or suggestions, contact me at cternus at texas.net .  Please pass this message along to any of those who may not be subscribed to any email lists on the Ansteorran server.  Thanks.

Hope to see you there.
Mistress Radegund of Tours
Event Steward and Class Coordinator