[Ansteorra-announce] GW Rapier Marshals Needed

Ansteorra Kingdom Rapier Marshal rapier at marshal.ansteorra.org
Sun Feb 25 11:27:15 PST 2007

I need rapier marshal volunteers to help with inspections and marshaling
battles at Gulf Wars. You must be an authorized rapier marshal for these
slots. To volunteer, write to me at rapier at marshal.ansteorra.org.

This DOES count as time worked at Gulf Wars which means you will get
credit chits for this time AND it will help Ansteorra win the Service
war point this year. Besides, our rapier fighters cannot play unless we
can fill our required quota of marshals.

Here is what I need:

Monday:
12:45pm to 1:45pm - 2 marshals for inspection at Ansteorran pavilion.
Verona street brawls will start at 2:00pm at the fort.

Tuesday:
7:45am - 8:45am - 2 marshals for inspection at Ansteorran pavilion.
3:00pm to 5:00pm - 4 marshals to marshal experimental Rapier Combat
Archery battles. We may also need a combat archery marshal (see Pug).
Eye protection, a gorget and (for men) groin protection are required.

Wednesday:
7:45am - 8:45am - 2 marshals for inspection at Ansteorran pavilion.
12:00noon - 1:00pm - 2 marshals for inspection at Ansteorran pavilion.

Thursday:
7:45am - 8:45am - 2 marshals for inspection at Ansteorran pavilion.
9:00am - 1:00pm - 4 marshals to inspect and run bouts in the Rose
tournament at the Rapier Field.
8:00pm - 10:00pm - 2 marshals to inspect and run bouts in the Live Chess
Match

Friday:
7:45am - 8:45am - 3 marshals for inspection at Ansteorran pavilion.
1:00pm - 3:00pm - 4 marshals to inspect and run bouts in the Champions
battle
3:00pm - 5:00pm - 6 marshals to inspect and marshal for the Rapier
Ravine Resurrection Melee

Staurday:
7:45am - 8:45am - 3 marshals for inspection at Ansteorran pavilion.
9:00am - 11:00am - 6 marshals to inspect and marshal for the Rapier
Field Melees

Note that marshals must be able to show me proof of current membership
and authorization as a marshal to do inspections. This allows me to work
around SCA rules by making you my deputy as a Gulf War Rapier Inspection
Marshal. However, I can only do that if you are a current member.

To marshal bouts you only need to be an authorized marshal, not a
current member.

Christian Doré