[Ansteorra-announce] King's College

Terri Hirling thirling at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:41:24 PDT 2007

Unto the great populace of Ansteorra do Baroness Isabeau and Lady Cristyana,
event stewards of King's College, send greetings

Their Stellar Majesties Romanius and Deanna and the Barony of Stargate
invites you to a day of scholarship, learning and camaraderie at King's
College on June 8-10, 2007 at Camp Camwood in Hockley, TX.  To that end, we
are in search of Ansteorra's fine scholars and teachers.  This year's format
is "King's College in the Rough".  You might ask, what does that mean?  Those
who have been to Camp Camwood know it is an "outdoor" site.  Using this type
of site/format not only allows for the "usually" King's College classes, but
would also afford us the opportunity to include classes not normally held at
an indoor site, the goal being to include as many Anteorran scholars and
teachers as possible giving something of interest to everyone.

*TEACHERS, WE NEED YOU!!*  We are looking for scholars and teachers in areas
such as:  combat arts, archery, equestrian arts, the art of siege weapons,
textile dying, outdoor cooking and baking, bardic, field heraldry, metal
working, woodworking, blacksmithing, basket weaving, pottery throwing and
printing as well as traditional King's College fine arts classes such as
costuming, fiber arts, and performance arts to name a few.  If you are
excited about your art/science, come and teach us all about it.  The class
coordinator, Baron Ihon Vinson macFergus, has requested those interested in
teaching to please register online through the King's College website (
http://sca.clancircle.com) "form" link.  We will announce when class
registration is open (sometime the first part of May).

Yes, it is Stargate (Houston) in June, but we will have cooling Roman pools
to cool your feet and misting temples around the site to cool the body as
minds race with inspiration.  Site directions are on the website and hotel
information is forthcoming.  A sideboard lunch of cold delicacies is
included in your site fee.  Be sure to check the website for additional
information and frequently for new information as it becomes available.

So come join us for what is sure to be a day of great learning and most
importantly fun.

Regards,

Baroness Isabeau Quiquandon
Terri Hirling
713/896-0026

thirling at gmail.com

Lady Cristyana Lambrecht
Christy Lambright
713/816-6387
clambright2000 at yahoo.com

Event Stewards

--
"We live in two worlds . . .  the world into which we are born, and the
other world that is born within us.  Both may be a blessing or a curse.  We