[Ansteorra-announce] Lysts Traffic Control Team

Paul Gilbert niklas at pbgilbert.net
Thu May 8 20:01:31 PDT 2008

Greetings....

I have agreed to be the BG Lysts Traffic Control Coordinator and I need
to get my team together.

The job is this...

Control the flow of traffic up and down the hill into Castleton in order
to maintain a safe and efficient flow of traffic into and out of the
event site.

While this may seem to be a minor job, it is not, as this is the access
point into and out of the site and can make or break the quality of the
event for all.

It is also one of the few things that Don Shamino (Richard) requires us
  to do in order to use his wonderful lands.

So, this is a very important aspect of the event and one that can be
very rewarding as you will be the first ambassadors of Bryn Gwlad that
attendees will meet as they arrive at the event.

To do this we have a person at the top of the hill with a radio that
controls the movement of vehicles down the hill to the site until it is
safe for that vehicle(s) to descend the hill.

There is also a person at the bottom of the hill (near the toll booth
and gate) that does the reverse of vehicles going up the hill.

They communicate with each other via radios that I provide on commercial
radio frequencies.

The shifts are 2 hours each and begin at 4pm Friday and end at 12 Noon
on Saturday. There are no shifts from 1 midnight Friday until 6am Saturday.

We will have ether a pavilion (if available) at the top of the hill or
you may use your vehicle to sit in when there is no traffic to handle.

 From what I understand there will be a traffic control party at 9pm
(Sir Giotto??) on Friday night. I am not sure what this will entail, but
I am sure it will be grand.

Here are the shift slots, Please send me an email direct to volunteer
for a time slot. I need one at the top and one on the bottom.

Any questions contact me direct at  niklas at pbgilbert.net or 512-733-3035

I would like to have the team complete by May 28th at the latest.

In Service,
HE Niklas Vasilevich

Schedule:

Friday, May 30th
4pm:
Top: Master Thomas of Tenby
Bottom:

6pm:
Top: Master Thomas of Tenby
Bottom:

8pm:
Top: Master Thomas of Tenby
Bottom:

10pm:
Top: Master Thomas of Tenby
Bottom:

Saturday, May 31st:
6am:
Top:
Bottom:

8am:
Top:
Bottom:

10am:
Top:
Bottom:

Again, any questions, let me know.

BTW, I will be out of town next week, but will be checking email daily
and have my cell phone.

Niklas

Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW             H.E. Niklas Vasilevich
niklas at pbgilbert.net      CB,CSM,KGA,OTR,ORH,Crane,AoA
512-733-3035 Cellular             Kingdom of Ansteorra

            Society for Creative Anachronism

     Texas Dept. Of Transportation, Radio Operations
      Austin, Texas                  512-506-5141
                pgilber at dot.state.tx.us

                "The Eagle has landed"
  "Sable, a double-headed eagle, a bordure engrailed or"