[Ansteorra-announce] Bjornsborg's Fall event in 1 week - Ursae Lyons

clternus clternus at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 10 15:56:45 PDT 2008

Greetings Ansteorra,

A great many of us have had to turn our attention to hearth and home in the wake of Hurricane Ike.  As a result, many events have had to be cancelled recently.  If you're through cleaning up or if you're just wanting your SCA fix, come to Bjornsborg's Ursae-Lyons.  We promise good fighting, good arts, good food and good friends.  There will be a tavern in the evenings and a vigil for HE Suzanne Saturday night.  There is also a Laurels' Circle Saturday afternoon.

Check out all the information on our website http://www.bjornsborg.org/ and Black Star ad.  The ACCEPS link is still up, and site fee is a dollar off if you go through ACCEPS.  I'm not sure how long it will be up, so hurry.

***The combatant's letter of intent should be sent by email to Baroness Radegund at clternus at sbcglobal.net .  Fighters, please send a letter of intent ASAP and remember you need an artisan sponsor.  If you can't find a sponsor on your own contact Baroness Radegund.  For more on the letter of intent and artisan sponsorship, see the website.***

The A&S Competition is a Triathlon.   Each entrant is to present three items (no more and no less) in three different categories. Every item is to be related in some way to a specific persona, whether it was something the persona would have made, owned, ate, etc.  For more on the rules, see the website.

There will be pumpkins available for the pumpkin carving contest.  Bring your own tools.

Both feast Saturday night and the Longship omelet breakfast Sunday morning promise to be delicious.  Don't miss out!

For more information, you can contact the Event Steward Lord Haraldr Bassi at ul2 at Haraldr.drakkar.org.

We hope to see you in a few short weeks,
Godwyn and Radegund
Baron and Baroness of Bjornsborg