[Ansteorra-announce] New Disaster Relief Coordinator for Ansteorra...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Sep 17 17:42:52 PDT 2008

Good Morning,

  Because of the severity of the impact of Ike to our fair Kingdom and
  the previous volunteer being directly impacted herself, I have asked
  Duchess Julia de Montoya to coordinate the relief efforts for
  Ansteorra.

  For those who wish to provide assistance, please contact her.
  For those who have been impacted, please contact her.
  If you know of someone impacted, please contact her.

  She can be contacted at juliademontoya at gmail.com.

  While Her Grace Julia will be working with Countess Tessa to get what
  information she has, please do not assume that Tessa was able to get
  your emails regarding assistance. I have forwarded some of the
  information I received directly, but may have missed items so please
  resend them as well.

  Her Grace Julia will be creating a list of needed items, those offering
  assistance, and determining the best method to get assistance to those
  in need. There will be an effort to make sure that the assistance
  provided is appropriate to the needs.

  If you have any doubt of what to provide, please do not provide cash
  and instead provide gift cards for places such as Home Depot, Walmart
  or cash cards since these will be much easier to manage and distribute.
  If there is a need for specific SCA items due to destruction, Her Grace
  Julia will keep track of these and make requests so that we don't end
  up with an influx of items that don't have a home to go to.

  For the most part these will be individual donations to a private
  person. For those who wish to make donations to groups, these should be
  specifically earmarked so that we can give appropriate recognition for
  tax purposes.

  The offers of assistance have been wonderful, and it is my hope that
  Julia will make sure that your generous offers will be used to the
  best results.

In Service,
Master Phelim Gervase called Pug
Kingdom Seneschal - Ansteorra

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "What about your Gods?
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   They're Defective!