[Ansteorra-announce] Kingdom A&S

Terri Hirling thirling at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 05:47:41 PST 2009

CALLING ALL ARTISANS!!! The Barony of Stargate is honored to host Their
Royal Majesties' Kingdom Arts & Sciences Competition on Saturday, February
14, 2009.  We invite all to come and be present as Ansteorran history
unfolds.  Witness the splendor of the arts as a new Kingdom Artisan is
chosen.  Those who receive the top scores will be invited to represent
Ansteorra in the Arts and Sciences Competition at Gulf War XVIII.

There are three categories of competition: Static, Performance and Scholarly
papers. Invited artisans are encouraged but NOT REQUIRED to attend Gulf War
or send their entry.  Please go to http://moas.asteorra.org and click on the
Kingdom A&S link to the left for rules of the competition.

As a reminder for those artisans who are entering a Scholarly paper, the *
DEADLINE* is January 18, 2008 and are to be sent to Master Ihon Vinson
macFergus (moas at ansteorra.org).  Should you have any questions about the
competition, please contact Mistress Katherine Rose Oliver at
cloldham at sbcglobal.net or Mistress Melisenda de Barcelona at
ruizhorde at yahoo.com (competition organizers*).*

Please email Baroness Isabeau (co-event steward) your intent to compete
along with any special needs (i.e. near an electrical outlet; end of row,
etc.).  This will let us know table requirements.  Each competitor will be
allotted ½ of an eight foot table.

Merchants are welcome.  Be aware we'll need to place you in the breezeway as
there will be no room in hall.  Email either co-event steward if you wish to
merchant.  Hotel information will be posted to the website soon.

*Site Info & Fees:*  Site opens at 8:00 a.m. on February 14th and closes at
8:00 p.m.  Site Fee: $12 adults with proof of membership; $6 for children
5-17; 5 and under are free; family max is $36.*  *Non-members: $3 additional
surcharge.  Site fee includes a sideboard lunch.  Make checks payable to SCA
Inc., Barony of Stargate.  *ACCEPS* is available and will close on Tuesday,
February 10th.

Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Or they may also
attend with a 21 year old or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor
Event Waiver form from the parents.  Service animals only.  Site is wet in
period containers.

*Foods & Taverns:*  A wonderful sideboard lunch (for 100) by Duchess
Ebergardis of an assortment of soups and breads will be provided.  The
Stargate Guard will also host a sweets and warm beverages fundraising
tavern.

*Event Location:*  St. Christopher's Episcopal Church, 1656 Blalock Road,
Houston, Texas 77080.  *Directions:*  From Houston take I-10 to Blalock.  Turn
right (north) on Blalock and travel approximately 1.5 miles.  The site is
just past Long Point Rd. on the right.  (Link to Google Map of
site<http://maps.google.com/maps?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=1656+Blalock+Road+Houston,+Texas+77080&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title>
)

For more information, please visit our website at
http://stargate.ansteorra.org/KingdomArtSci.shtml.  Additional information
will be posted as it becomes available.

*Event Stewards:*

Baroness Isabeau Quiquandon, OL                  HL Cristyana Lambrecht

Terri Hirling                                                           Christy
Lambright

713.896.0026
713.816.6387

thirling at gmal.com
clambright2000 at yahoo.com

--
"We live in two worlds . . .  the world into which we are born, and the
other world that is born within us.  Both may be a blessing or a curse.  We