[Ansteorra-announce] The generosity of Ansteorra

Mike Wyvill wyvillmike at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:34:31 PDT 2010

  My Brother and Sisters,

Saturday, at the Gates Edge Celtic Harvest Faire a silent auction was
held to raise money to help me with my medical expenses for my son
Brendan, whom many of you know as Patrick of Gates Edge. Brendan
suffered a severe heat stroke in late June and has been hospitalized
ever since. He has fought off kidney failure, liver damage and internal
bleeding. Now he is working on the damage to his heart and the most
serious, the damage to his thalamus. That's the choke point of your
nervous system, where information passes on its way to and from your
brain. He is working on regaining control over his limbs and speaking.
He actually spoke to me yesterday, saying "Yeah" when I asked him if he
was glad to see me.

I want to thank Ciarnat of Firethorne and Cynthia of Gates Edge for
organizing the auction, everyone who helped them run it, the Barony of
Stargate for putting forward the idea originally, all those who donated
the over 100 items and services that were offered and finally all those
who bid, whether they won or not. Our gate was less than 70 persons but
$1,359 was raised due to the generosity and kindness of those in
attendance. Thank you all, especially those who, when they didn't win,
gave money anyway.

I am usually counted among the glib, but words fail me even now, just as
they did Saturday evening.

Finally, I want to thank John, one of the children who made get well
cards for him as part of children's activities. John, buddy, I know you
meant to tell him to "Feel Better Soon", but he took one look at "Fell
Beater Soon" and he laughed and laughed. He laughs now when I tell him
to "Fell Beater". I know that might not have been what you wanted, but
you would have been happy to watch his belly laughs and the tears
running down his cheeks. You did good, buddy.

With Love and Gratitude

Engenulf de Vienville

MKA Mike Wyvill