[Ansteorra-announce] Mooneschadowe Triumphe of the Eclipse V and Kingdom Middle Eastern Dance Championship

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Thu Sep 9 12:54:00 PDT 2010

Come one, come all, to the Proviince of Mooneschadowe's Triumphe of
the Eclipse! Held this September 17-19 at the Will Rogers Scout
Campground outside of Cleveland, Oklahoma, the weekend promises to be
full of fun for all. In addition to our usual championships, we'll
also be hosting the Kingdom Middle Eastern Dance Championship on
Saturday evening after one of the shortest courts you'll ever attend.

What championships? We offer Guardian of the Eclipse for our chivalric
fighters, a tourney that guarantees plenty of good fights. Then
there's the Insegnante of the Eclipse, a tourney wherein not only the
victor is recognized, but also that fighter chosen by his or her peers
who most nearly represents the ideals and inspiration that they seek
as a community of scholars.  The Yeoman and Marksman of the Eclipse
tournaments will be held at a new archery and thrown weapons range
much closer to the center of things, which should draw more attention
to these worthy gentles. The Artisan of the Eclipse is a judged
competition, although the populace may vote alongside for their
favorite entry. The Minstrel of the Eclipse is open to individuals or
groups, and competitors must be prepared with not only a standard
piece but also something that will involve the audience. And finally,
our chess championship culminates in a grand finale with a game of
Live Chess! Come and watch, or be one of the pieces!

We have activities for the children as well, with championships for
artisan, minstrel, and youth combat. A youth combat authorization
class will be held, along with a youth marshal meeting.

The event starts Friday evening with a torchlight chivalric tourney,
and finishes Sunday afternoon with closing court after the Insegnante
tournament.

More detailed information can be found at the event website at
http://mooneschadowe.ansteorra.org/triumphe/.