[Ansteorra-announce] Champions of Bonwicke

Baron of Bonwicke baron at bonwicke.ansteorra.org
Sun Jun 5 07:40:56 PDT 2011

Ni Hao Ansteorra!

It's a sad fact that sometimes life happens. Unfortunately, the event steward for Champions of Bonwicke has had to resign from the SCA. Therefore, some necessary changes will have to be implemented. The tourney format advertised in the Black Star is going to be changed. The chivalric tournament will be an hour long bear pit. The rapier tournament will be Swiss five to the second blood with kills counting against the striker. There will no longer be an A&S or Bardic contest, although bards will be encouraged to entertain whenever they please! Regrettably we will also not be having any archery.

Due to the extreme lack of rain in the area, no open flames will be allowed on site. This will include tiki torches. Because of the ban, the site owners have agreed to open a tavern of sorts that will sell hamburgers, hot dogs and the like. There are also numerous restaurants, both fast food and sit-down, close to the site. Camping will be allowed.

We do hope that you will brave the heat and dryness to attend our event.

Zia Jian

Chiang Ti Lung and Li Xiao Wuya

Baron and Baroness of Bonwicke