[Ansteorra-announce] GW Tower Improvement Project - Was Great!

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:05:02 PST 2012

First off, I would like to thank TRMs for allowing me the opportunity to
head up this project.

This project had the support and help from many many people across the
entire Kingdom of Ansteorra. People helping with fund raising, donating
money, helping to organize, and going there to work on it.

HRM Gilyan raised money for the removal of stumps. We were able to have
every stump and every dead tree from all of the Ansteorran lands removed
that we could find. There were some areas that were overgrown with grass
and weeds so there could still be a couple of
stumps that we missed. There were 129 stumps plus 6 dead trees for a total
of 135 removals.

HE Caterina and Lady Margherita took on the job of fundraising and were
able to raise the $2,000 to allow us to make the trip to repair the towers.

We had a total of 10 people that made the trek to work on the towers:
Baroness Giovanna Lena Caronna, Baron Pasquale Pace, Duke Hrafn Olafsson,
HL Sven Randalsson, Lord Felemid Macphail, Lord Isaac Masters, Lord Asric
Der Liebenkunstler, HL Charles the Grey of Mooneschadowe, and Lord William
Lindsay.

Every person not only worked on an area but did not hesitate to lend a hand
to move stuff, cut boards, pick up things, or anything else that needed to
be done. This was a great crew and it was my honor and privilege to be
associated with and working with them.

Some of the things that were done included:
• Locks on the gates and towers were cut off and replaced with brass
combination locks.

• Gates were treated with water seal and rusty areas on the metal were
brushed with wire brush and painted. Gate hinges were greased. Trees, weeds
and grass were cleaned up.

• Towers each had extensive work done on them. The tower roofs themselves
could not be worked on until the towers themselves were repaired some. The
towers were in such bad shape we could not rip out all of the bad stuff and
put in new stuff because the towers would have fallen. So we had to do it
in stages and go area by area. The roofs were braced underneath and pushed
back up level, then cleaned up and covered over with a new layer of treated
plywood. This was then covered with roofing felt, rolled out asphalt
shingle, nailed down, and liberally sealed up with roofing tar.

• All stumps were removed and holes filled in.

I am happy to be associated with all of the great people that do so much in
this Awesome Kingdom of Ansteorra that we get to call home.

YIS,

HL Vincenti da Murano
GW XXII Land Coordinator for Ansteorra