[Ansteorra-announce] Tornado in Hattiesburg! Is our land still safe?

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 07:06:20 PST 2013

Yes, there was a tornado in Hattiesburg. Yes, there was a a lot of damage.
No, it was all north of Lumberton and King's Arrow Ranch. However there
could be some broken branches and stuff that will need to be cleaned up.

And this brings up something very important . . .

Much work has been done on the land since we were all there last year.
Stumps removed, dead trees removed, towers worked on, and some brush
cleared away.

There is still a lot of brush and small trees that have sprouted up around
the larger trees. All of these should be cut back.

We need groups to bring some small tools to help with clearing the land
they are camped on. I would like to have every group bring a couple of
tools (clippers, hand axe, lopping shears, bow saw) to get rid of the brush
and stuff around the bases of the trees. This would be a huge job for one
or two people to clean all of this up for the entire kingdom but it will be
short quick work for each group to clean up around their area. The benefit
to this will be that we effectively gain land! Some of this brush is
pushing out from the trees so much that we are losing land to it. When
these are cut back we will have more room for our tents.

Many preparations are being made for a great war, I look forward to seeing
my friends and family again soon!

YIS,
Vincenti
GW XXII land Coordinator, Ansteorra