[Ansteorra-announce] Stargate & Loch Soilleir Co-Baronial - Saturday April 19

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 11:46:31 PDT 2014

Subject: Stargate & Loch Soilleir Co-Baronial - Saturday April 19

Good Gentles All,

Please join the Baronies of Stargate and Loch Soilleir at our stellar Co-Baronial event on Saturday, April 19 at Cedar Bayou Park in Baytown, Texas. This will be a glorious day of both competition and camaraderie! Our day will include...

Rapier, Chivalric & Archery Baronial Championships
A&S Competition and Bring-Out-Your-Demo Special Challenge
Bread, Pickle, and Cookie Contests
Visiting Merchants
Evening Feast! (Alfresco - "Under the Stars")

TIMING OF THE DAY

9:00 AM - Gate Opens(Co-Baronial Coffee Shop Open!)
10:00 AM - Opening Court
- Rapier, Chivalric & Archery Baronial Championships
- A&S Competition and Bring-Out-Your-Demo Competition
6:00 PM - Evening Feast
8:00 PM - Site Closes

EVENT INFORMATION

http://stargate.ansteorra.org/2014cobaronial.shtml

Cedar Bayou Park,
9718 Hadden Rd, Baytown, TX 77521

Site Fees:
Adults $10; children: $5; Family Max: $24. Non-member surcharge: $5.
Feast Fee: $7.00.
ACCEPS registration available.
Please make checks payable to SCA/Stargate.

PLEASE NOTE
This beautiful outdoor site is primitive; please be prepared. Portable toilets and wash stations will be onsite. The Baronies will be bringing drinking water and water bearing supplies. As a backup, we recommend you bring a gallon of water for yourself and to share with others. Don't forget your mug.

We will have some general pavilions/shade space around the tourney field. Please feel free to
bring your own canopies (pop-ups) to make sure you have shade (and to help provide ambiance).

SITE RULES
- Site opens to the public at 9 AM and closes at 8 PM.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or by an adult at least 21 years old
with a signed & notarized Minor Event Waiver from the parents.
- Only service animals allowed (please bring documentation).
- This county park is dry - no alcohol allowed.

DIRECTIONS TO SITE
Cedar Bayou Park,9718 Hadden Rd, BAYTOWN, TEXAS 77521
- From Houston, take Route I-10 East towards Baytown
- Take Exit 793 toward N Main St
- Turn left onto N Main St (go 1.1 mi)
- Turn right onto E Wallisville Rd (go 1.0 mi)
- Turn left onto Hadden Rd
- Entrance to the Park will be 1 mile on right

Alfresco (Under the Stars) Feast Menu:
- Breads and butters with last years favorite pickled garlic made by Wissa.
- Spinach salad-feta, cranberries, tomato,honey mustard
- Grilled chicken breast and legs in garlic and herbs
- Grilled shrimp skewers fresh from Kemah in garlic and herbs
- Couscous with lemon gremolata
- Grilled vegtables in olive oil with Parmesan cheese
- Fruit sundae, banana, walnuts, dark chocolate, blueberries and honey

We look forward to seeing everyone come out for this great event! See the website, facebook, and future emails for more details. Ofcourse, please feel free to contact me with questions.

Yours in Service,

Lady Peregrin Michele (aka Michelle of Stargate)
Event Steward

Michelle Meyer(978-604-1157)
crowpixie at yahoo.com