[Ansteorra-announce] Gulf Wars XXIII Rose Tourney registration

Diana Steelquist diana at ci.santa-fe.tx.us
Wed Feb 26 09:48:39 PST 2014

Greetings to the rapier community of the Known World from the members of the
Order of the Rose in Ansteorra!

Once again, it is our great pleasure to invite you to compete in the
Ansteorran Rose Rapier Tourney at Gulf Wars XXIII on Friday March 14, 2014.
The Rose tourney is a special event that honors the unique relationship
between rapier combatants and their Royal Queens past and present.  In order
to compete in our tournament, you must have the sponsorship of a Lady of the
Rose (or your kingdom's equivalent).

Each Rose may sponsor only two fighters, at least one of which must not have
received his or her Kingdom's highest award for rapier fighting.  The Rose
must either be present with her fighter, or the fighter must have a letter
from the Rose asking for the fighter's entry into the list.  This will be
strictly enforced.

To facilitate a timely start, an on-line list sign up has been prepared.
Everyone is strongly encouraged to pre-register on line at the following
link
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EAhsEYSoD0xhZ-P_ZLJOUdhRJbTFL8UVZG4nWVj-VPk
/viewform . The tournament will be held on Friday morning from 9am to 1pm.
Check in for the list and inspections will begin at 8am. We ask all Roses
and their fighters to be respectful of the schedule and be ready to take the
field at 9am.  Come, break your fast with us, and enjoy the magnificent
spectacle that is the assembled rapier community of the Known World as they
strive to do honor to our Order and those who inspire them.

On-line sign up will end on Friday, March 7th.  Please visit
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EAhsEYSoD0xhZ-P_ZLJOUdhRJbTFL8UVZG4nWVj-VP
k/viewform>
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EAhsEYSoD0xhZ-P_ZLJOUdhRJbTFL8UVZG4nWVj-VPk
/viewform  You will need the name of the Rose who is your sponsor.