[Ansteorra-announce] Class Schedules for BG Fall Baronial available!

dragonphlame via Ansteorra-announce2 ansteorra-announce2 at lists.ansteorra.org
Sun Oct 26 12:26:10 PDT 2014

Greetings my beloved Kingdom!

Class schedules are now available! For anyone interested in the fighting classes, the schedule can be viewed here, under the Schedules drop down:

http://bryn-gwlad.ansteorra.org/events/baronial2014/index.php

For anyone interested in the Dream class schedule, all classes will be on Saturday in the Theatre. The class schedule is below and will be updated on the website shortly.

10-11AM

Master Thomas of Tenby – “The Grail”

How to create memorable moments for ourselves and others?

Lady Cecilie de Leycestre – “Period Games”

A fun way to add a bit more ambiance to events during your down time is playing Medieval and Renaissance board games. These games are easy to learn and also can be simple to make a carry around with you. We will explore three games; Nine Man Morris, Tablut, and Fox and Geese. And, we will talk about ideas for how to make your own take-anywhere game boards. Game boards and pieces will be provided and be available for purchase ($2) afterward.

11AM-12PM

Lord Hanse Kleermaker - “Persona Play 101 - A Practical System for the Beginning”

This class will teach you an easy method for your first forays into the world of playing persona, providing you with an easy starter form, examples of where and how to hone your skills, and a short partner workshop. Please bring paper and pen for notes and $2.00 to cover printing.

Honorable Lady Elen Verch Phelip -  “Medieval Veil-Wearing 101”

Wearing the proper accessories can help us live the Dream, both by looking the part for others and by getting ourselves in the proper frame of mind. In this demo class, several ways to wear an oval veil and half-oval wimple will be demonstrated, as supported by illuminations, statuary, and other finds from late Viking to the early 16th century.

12-1PM

Break for Lunch

1-2PM

Lord Hanse Kleermaker – “Persona Play 202- Advanced Persona Play for the Field, Court, and Correspondance”

This class is aimed at the player who is ready to affect wider audiences in ways that help shape events and experiences for other members such as they feel they have been transported in time and place in an unforgettable way. You will be taught methods and techniques for crafting ‘magic moments’ and we will workshop ideas for students as time permits. Paper and pen plus $2.00 for printing.

Honorable Lady Rosalinda da Salerno – “How to be a Consort- Do's and Don'ts”

So you have a fighter on the field and you aren't sure of what to do with yourself?  Come learn how your role is a vital part of the day and how to make it exciting for yourself, your fighter, and those around you.

2-3PM

Master Ivarr Runamagi - "What is the Dream in the SCA?"

A guided discussion of what the dream is to various people and what can be done to defend the dream by everyone.

In addition,  I am still in need of gate volunteers! Please email me if you would like to be placed on the schedule. Dragonphlame at yahoo. Com

Always in Service,

Lady Kessaundra