[Ansteorra-announce] Call for Applications: Kingdom Chronicler

Kingdom Chronicler via Ansteorra-announce2 ansteorra-announce2 at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Apr 13 20:52:06 PDT 2015

It is now time for me to announce the opening of my office for
applications, as I will be stepping down from it at Round Table in July. As
my first newsletter was the one dated August 2013, I would like my
replacement to do the August 2015 newsletter, the materials for which, as
you know, will be due July 1, and that newsletter will be due to the
publications manager by July 10. All of this is to say that my replacement
needs to be named far enough before that to have time to get up to speed in
time for those dates -- hopefully by the end of May.

And so applications are welcome from now until then -- but please, let us
know about your interest even if your application must come somewhat later,
so that we know what to expect.  Who's us?  Well, that application will
need to go to the Crown (crown at ansteorra.org), Kingdom Seneschal (
seneschal at ansteorra.org), myself (chronicler at ansteorra.org), and the
Society Chronicler (chronicler at sca.org).  Please include proof of
membership, as this is required.

Applicants will need to have some experience with doing desktop publishing;
software choice is up to you (as I've been using Scribus, that will make
your life easier for starting with my files, but it's certainly not a
requirement, nor do you have to use my layout anyway), but at this time the
office does not have software to provide.  Scribus is free, though, I'm
just saying. You'll also want to have some experience with SCA offices as
you'll be appointing officers, keeping up on memberships and rosters, that
sort of thing; even if you have regionals and they take care of a lof of
this, you're the person ultimately responsible. Good time management skills
are a must, as are good people skills; getting materials in on time is
definitely an art form all its own and you don't want to burn bridges doing
it.

I look forward to your applications,

Meistr Reis
Kingdom Chronicler