[Ansteorra-announce] From the Kingdom Seneschal

Kingdom Seneschal via Ansteorra-announce2 ansteorra-announce2 at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Oct 25 20:33:41 PDT 2016

Greetings, Ansteorra!

I would like to thank my predecessor, Master Brian O hUilliam, for his
outstanding service as Kingdom Seneschal. He leaves big shoes to fill. I
hope I can live up to the high bar he has set.

There are a few announcements this month:

·         HL Colleen O’Kelly is the new Central Regional Seneschal. Many
thanks to Mistress Asiya bint Mikha'il for her excellent work in this
office for the last two years.

·         Round Table will be hosted by the Province of Mooneschadowe on
January 21, 2017. Thank you to all of the groups who submitted a bid.
Contact me directly if you have a class you'd like to add to the class
schedule.

Regarding Red Tape, in addition to the normal slate of classes, a
brainstorming session will be held to discuss possible uses for the
kingdom's cash reserves. As you think and discuss ways to spend our
Kingdom's money, you are welcome to send your ideas to the Kingdom
Financial Committee (the Crown, the Kingdom Treasurer, and the Kingdom
Seneschal) ahead of time, or bring them to the event. All potential options
will be considered against current Kingdom Financial Policy, plus the usual
rules regarding educational, not-for-profit uses. In addition, please
consider these points as you refine your ideas (summarized from Kingdom
Financial Policy, 07-2016, IX Controlling Assets, section H; posted on the
Kingdom Exchequer's webpage):

·         Why do we need this? What purpose does it serve?

·         Do we already have something like this? If yes: why do we need
another? If no: why not?

·         Who will use this? Will it require maintenance?

·         How big is this thing? Will it be easily lost? Will it be easily
broken? Will it require special transportation?

·         Will this require multiple expenditures over time, or will it be
completely paid for once and not again except for routine maintenance?

Final thought: always seek ways to collaborate and be compassionate.

Modius