[Ansteorra-announce] Summer 2019 Crown Tournament (2 of 2)

Queen of Ansteorra queen at crown.ansteorra.org
Mon Jun 3 11:27:03 PDT 2019

Due to publishing dates for the Black Star, the timing for this notice means it will not be published until the July Black Star, which is after the Letter of Intent deadline. Therefore, We are also publishing this on all other official channels of communication for the Kingdom of Ansteorra.

Greetings Most Stellar Populace of Ansteorra,

Crown Tournament is upon us! The day of honorable combat and unprecedented chivalry draws near! We welcome those that meet Our requirements to vie for the opportunity and honor of being Heirs to the Most Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra.

We, Vladislav and Margaret, intend to hew to the wording of Kingdom Law. Letters of Intent must be submitted by completing the online signup form <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScpLg9VmTJJn_vv0IUe9rnziOEiXpaj-rJlrs14f2wNd7HVTQ/viewform> (preferred), or by emailing your Letter of Intent to "crown at ansteorra.org" at least two weeks before Crown Tourney. That means Letters of Intent, whether submitted online or via email, are due no later than June 29th.

When filled out completely, the online form will provide all the information required in the Letter of Intent. The fighter and consort must each, separately, fill out the online form. If you are sending your Letter of Intent via email, the following information is required. If any information is missing, the Letter of Intent will not be accepted.
The Letter of Intent must state your intent to enter Our Crown tourney and fight for the right to become Our heir.
The Letter of Intent must state the you satisfy all of the requirements in Kingdom law for entrants in Crown Tournament.
The Letter of Intent must list all administrative offices you have held, including the dates you held such offices, and where you held them. An "administrative office" is an office with regular formal reporting requirements to an upline officer.
You must list your SCA name, your modern name, your membership number, and your membership's expiration date.
The Letter of Intent must state that your Consort satisfies all the requirements in Kingdom law for entrants in Crown Tournament.
The Letter of Intent must list all administrative offices your Consort has held, including the dates your Consort held such offices, and where your Consort held them. An "administrative office" is an office with regular formal reporting requirements to an upline officer.
You must list your Consort's SCA name, the Consort's modern name, the Consort's membership number, and the Consort's membership expiration date.

 We, or Our Kingdom Seneschal, will let you know at least two days before the tournament whether you may enter the Crown lysts to vie for the right to be the Heirs of Ansteorra.

Crown Tournament format will be as follows:
	• Crown lyst will be single elimination, best two out of three.
	• For the first round, the pairings will be selected by splitting and sliding the fighters as they are lined up in order of precedence.
	• First round weapon style will be 7 1/2 ft glaive.
	• Second round weapon style will be 4 ft, 2-handed weapon (axe, mace, bastard sword).
	• Third round weapon style will be 6 ft thrusting spear (If the Quarter Finals are the third round, then We will not pick the style).
	• Every round from the Quarter Finals to the Finals will be "Bring Your Best".

Fighters, Consorts, good people of Ansteorra, prepare yourselves for a day of inspiration, glory, and honor. We look forward to welcoming Our Heirs with the joyous cheers and thunderous applause that We were greeted with on the day of Our victory in the Crown lysts.

Ever in Service to the Dream,

Vladislav and Margaret
King and Queen of Ansteorra