[Ansteorra-announce] Marshal warrant info

Earl Marshal kingdom at marshal.ansteorra.org
Sat Jul 18 12:52:14 PDT 2020

Greetings until the Marshal community,

  Many of the warranted individuals have probably already heard from the
Marshal Secretary, Lady Nicaize, regarding your warrant roles and
membership expirations. I'm widening the broadcast to make sure we capture
everyone and people hear some of the changes in expectations directly from
me.

  Items in this message:
1) Membership expirations for warranted positions
2) Background check expirations for Youth Marshals
3) Request of local officers to true-up information

  If you get an updated membership card or background check form, send a
copy to Lady Nicaize (secretary at marshal.ansteorra.org) in order to have
your information updated. Failure to update this will cause you to be
removed from the warrant and thus be removed from office.

  All warranted positions (branch, regional, kingdom officers and
authorizing marshals) must have a valid membership through the end of the
warrant period. This means that your membership must be valid through the
end of January. This may be new to some people, but it's always been the
requirement for holding a warrant. There has been some flexibility with
Authorizing Marshals in the past, but I nor the Crown will sign warrants
with individuals with expiring memberships.

  All Youth Marshals will be notified if their background check is expiring
prior to the end of the warrant period. This information does not show up
on the warrant, but must be maintained in order to retain the office.

  As there are breakdowns in communication getting updates for local office
changes getting into the Ansteorra Marshal Authorization (AMA) system, we
need to confirm who is the current local office for all branches. Lady
Nicaize has already reached out to many, if not all, of the upline officers
and many individuals that we have on record for positions within the AMA
system. If you feel that you are in one of these roles and have not heard
from Nicaize, please reach out while copying your upline officer. The
upline officer (regional or appropriate kingdom deputy) *must* confirm the
officially appointed officer.

  To determine which roles you have, log into the AMA system
<https://apps.ansteorra.org/marshal/auths/participants/login> and look at
the Roles section at the bottom of the page. This will tell you which
authorizing marshal roles as well as office roles you currently hold.

  Please note, those people who are applying to a local or regional office
and are only sending the Earl Marshal their application, there is likely to
be no action taken. I assume I am being copied as a courtesy as the
respective functional deputies or their regional officers are the people
who do the selection of offices. The Earl Marshal only appoints their
direct kingdom deputies.

In Service,
Phelim Gervase called Pug | Marshal at Ansteorra.org
Earl Marshal - Kingdom of Ansteorra