[Ansteorra-announce] Masking/Participation Update

Kingdom Seneschal seneschal at ansteorra.org
Sat Mar 6 07:23:28 PST 2021

 Greetings Ansteorra,

As most of you are aware, the Governor of Texas has ordered the mask
mandate be lifted as of Wednesday, March 10, 2021.  As a reminder, the
state of Oklahoma has never had a mask mandate.

While both Texas and Oklahoma will not require masks following March 10,
2021, this will not necessarily change how the SCA operates.  We are a
private organization and, as such, can set out our own requirements for
participation.  We are still prohibited from having events through May 2021
per the Board of Directors.

The Kingdom Earl Marshal's guidelines for participation will be what is
followed for marshallate activities and the guidance from the
Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences is still in effect for arts and
sciences activities.  For questions about marshallate or A&S activities,
please contact the relevant officer.

For the time being, populace and officer meetings are to be held virtually
unless a variance is granted.  Requests for variances must be submitted by
the local seneschal to the Kingdom Seneschal via email no later than 5
business days prior to the populace meeting.

Questions regarding this may be directed to kingdom at seneschal.ansteorra.org.

In Service,
Brian O'hUilliam, OL, OP, CB, WSA
Seneschal, Ansteorra