[Ansteorra-announce] Current Outage for ansteorra.org Websites

Kingdom Webminister kingdom at webminister.ansteorra.org
Thu Oct 28 10:01:01 PDT 2021

Greetings Ansteorra,

As many of you have noticed, the Kingdom of Ansteorra is currently
experiencing an outage for all WordPress sites under the ansteorra.org
domain.  This means most of your sites you use or visit are currently
inaccessible to edit or view, and the pages will display a message saying
the Site is Unavailable.

The good news is that I've heard from our hosting provider and our
ansteorra.org services will be fully restored soon. The less good news is
that it's going to take a few days. I expect all of our sites to be back to
normal no later than November 1st, but I will of course keep an eye on
things and provide updates if that changes (I don't expect it to change).

I want to emphasize that this outage is in no way due to a failure of
individuals, technical knowledge, nor due to a failing of the WordPress
platform. We are experiencing an unfortunately wide-spread impact from an
obscure bug. Thankfully, I know exactly what happened and we will be able
to avoid an outage like this for the future.

I thank you for your patience as we navigate this outage, and I sincerely
apologize for the negative impact this will have to Ansteorra, our
officers, our local groups, and you.

As I have updates, I will share them here and to this post in the
Ansteorra Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ansteorra/posts/10158303606632997/

Lady kolfinna inn kyrra Ottarsdottir
Kingdom of Ansteorra Webminister