[Ansteorra-announce] 86th Queen's Champion Celebration

Queen of Ansteorra queen at crown.ansteorra.org
Tue Jan 17 20:29:22 PST 2023

Good evening,

Thank you to everyone who is planning on attending and/or fighting at the
86th Queen's Champion Celebration. It is such a wonderful thing to have a
front row seat for an event celebrating the rapier community.

This event is about honoring the rapier community, and those who have
dedicated a huge amount of their time to serve the Queen and Kingdom. The
fact that many of you pre-signed up to participate in the Queen's Champion
Tournament warms my heart, regardless if you are fighting to be the next
champion or fighting to be part of the day.

The number of fighters signed up for Queen's Champion Tournament is
inspiring. However, it does create some timing and logistic challenges
(absolutely a good challenge to have). As a result, the format of the first
part of the tournament will be determined by the number of fighters in the
tournament (whether they are going for it or not). The list mistresses and
I have been in communication trying to figure out the best format for the
number of fighters and the time allotted for the tournament. We are still
in discussions because they have mentioned a lot of valid points. So, with
the caveat that the format may need to change, I can share with you our
initial thoughts about the tournament format.

What the list mistresses and I are thinking for the first part of the
tournament is:

If there are 48 fighters or less, we will have 4 lists, up to 8-12 fighters
per list, and each fighter in that list will get 8 bouts.

If there are more than 48 fighters, we may have to move to a timed bear pit
to stay within timelines.

Note: Weapon forms are not dictated. The entire tournament is "Bring your
best".

The bow out round will be after part 1 of the tournament concludes, and
before part 2 starts.

Part 2 of the tournament will be the Top 8 from part 1 of the tournament
who are fighting to be the next Queen's Champion. This will be the
traditional single elimination, best 2 out of 3, weapon of choice. Double
kills will be refought.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the 86th Queen's Champion Celebration
at the end of this week.

In service to Ansteorra,
Sonja Regina
Ansteorra