[Ansteorra-announce] Coronation

Queen of Ansteorra queen at crown.ansteorra.org
Sun Jan 22 19:29:37 PST 2023

Greetings Ansteorra,

We are home still reflecting on all of the wonderous things that happened
at Coronation. Thanks to the Barony of Bjornsborg, lead by Their
Excellencies, Ivarr and Christiana, for hosting and creating a great
atmosphere for not one or two, but three sets of Royalty by transforming a
modern hall, under direction of the event steward, Mistress Seraphina, into
a medieval space in really creative ways like faux stained glass windows, a
rock wall and beautiful tapestries. Many thanks to Honorable Lady Jayne
Cobb for a most magnificent midday feast.  Everything Bjornsborg
did/planned/arranged added to the excitement of the day, like the beautiful
site tokens that were so desired, inquiries came in from other kingdoms to
purchase them, and a dessert competition that was a delight for the eyes as
well as tummies. Thanks to Their Highnesses, Micauley and Caterina, for
being part of the judging team and relaying to Us how inspiring the
competition was in showcasing the culinary talents of the kingdom.

Thanks to Honorable Lady Nicaize for running the King’s Champion
tournament. Not only did she run the tournament smoothly (combination timed
bear pit tournaments for the first part, plus single elimination for the
top 8 can sometimes be challenging), but she was also allowed others who
were interested in list ministering to sit with her and watch, listen, and
learn helping ensuring list ministering will be in good hands in the
future. Thanks to Sir Geoffrey for jumping in to marshal when many more
fighters entered than were expected.

Thanks to all of the fighters who participated in King’s Champion
Tournament. All 26 fighters fought with honor and were entertaining to
watch.

Thanks to Her Excellency, Lessandra, for handling the inventory changeover,
building a superb entourage and inventory team, and working with the event
steward to handle the changes that were required throughout the day.

Thanks to our entourage team. We enjoyed spending time with you during the
moments when the nervous energy and excitement was building. We wanted for
nothing because you seemed to read our minds and have things taken care of
before we asked or even thought to ask for it.

Thanks to Master Thomas and Lady Gwenfrewi for making Our Coronation
outfits match the beauty and pageantry that Coronation represents.

Thanks to the Landed Nobility and populace of Ansteorra to making Our
Coronation special by your presence, smiles, friendly words, and cheers. We
look forward to spending time with you all over Ansteorra.

In Service to Ansteorra,

Gabriel & Sonja

Rex et Regina