Austin/Tx newsgroup

Pug pug at arlut.utexas.edu
Sun Apr 2 06:54:21 PDT 1995

> Is there a newsgroup for the Austin SCA or Texas?  I thought I had seen one
> mentioned but I wasn't sure what the name would be.

austin.org.sca exists, and *should* be carried by any site that caries
austin.* groups. If not, send email to usenet or news at the site and
have them fix it. We went through the long drawn out pain of doing it
correctly.

I have several times thought of starting the tx.org.sca group. My main
confusion here is that if you go as large as TX, you should include OK
since that would be the entire Kingdom. Unfortunately there is not a way
to do this under the current news heirarchy.

I have also thought about making the austin.org.sca newsgroup a news
to mail gateway. This would allow users to pick the format they want it
in, and allow uses without acces to the newsgroup to still get the
information. If I got tx.org.sca going, I would definately make it a
news to mail gateway for this list. (So there-in lies my problem.)
Any comments on this? Can OK get tx.* groups? (I know my site doesn't
get the ok.* groups, assuming they exist.)

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervase | "I want to be called COTTONTIPS. There is something
pug at arlut.utexas.edu  |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"