europe

Mark Harris mark_harris at riscgate.sps.mot.com
Thu Apr 6 16:26:57 PDT 1995

        Reply to:   RE>europe

hmmmm

y'know whats interesting?

the word "Europe" does not exist in the the copora or the bylaws.

as a matter of fact the only place i can find it in an official SCA
publication is in something called "The Scope of the SCA, INC." and it is
far from clear what that is other than perhaps a FAQ.

-Michael
_________________________________
For once, I have to agree with Michael. Europe is not mentioned in
the 92 version of corpora.

And the early version I have (72?) mentions it only as given below:

Volume One, Entry Number Ten

Creation of a New Position.

The Position of Librarian and Archivist is hereby created.

The duties of the Librarian and Archivist shall be to Keep and
Build a Library of Books, Pictures, Recordings, Motion Picture
Films, and so forth, for the Purpose of Research into Pre-
Seventeenth Century Western European Culture; and to Maintain
the Archives of the SCA.

I find this a bit distressing. How could the organisation go for 25
years without mentioning something so important.  Does this mean
that no one ever reads Corpora?  I'm all for spelling out that we
cover only those cultures in Europe and to a lessor extent those
with direct, substantial contact with the cultures of Europe prior
to 1600.

Stefan li Rous