europe

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Thu Apr 6 22:50:11 PDT 1995

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of R.Michael Litchfield to All]

 RL> hmmmm

 RL> y'know whats interesting?

 RL> the word "Europe" does not exist in the the copora or the bylaws.

 RL> as a matter of fact the only place i can find it in an official SCA
 RL> publication is in something called "The Scope of the SCA, INC." and
 RL> it is far from clear what that is other than perhaps a FAQ.

However, the phrase "pre-17th-Century Western Culture" does appear in the
Articles of Incorporation.  I've checked three different printings, one of
which dates to 1984 and presumedly contains the original AoI, since there is
no indication that it is an amended version (such as is the case for the 1989
version).

I'm not sure how anyone can interpret "pre-17th-Century Western Culture" as
meaning anything other than Europe (and it's colonies, which were simply
political/economic/religious/ extensions of the colonizing countries).

Feicfidh me' ari's thu',

Aodhan
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich    aodhan at dobharchu.org
Master of the Laurel            Lough na Dobharchu' BBS  1-713-338-2570
Dobharchu' Herald               "Your Information Roman Road"
mka David H. Brummel            1:106/22  180:11/22  762:2200/2
SCA Member 02245                Barony of Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
http://www.phoenix.net/~dbrummel
plummety sable and argent on a sun of eight rays or a feather bendwise
sinister sable