europe

I. Marc Carlson IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu
Fri Apr 7 14:42:43 PDT 1995

<"Michael A. Chance" <mchance at crl.com>>
>True.  And, as someone else mentioned, the phrase "Western culture" is
>deliberately vague.  Personally, I'd like to see this tightened up
>somewhat, though not quite as far as Tadhg's preferred "west of the
>Rhine, north of the Loire, south of the Trent".

I'd kind of prefer dividing it at the Urals, and the big Sandy thing
south of the Mediterranean.  Of course, that would cut off all those
nice Mongols, and that would be bad...

:)

>I'd also like to see an official early cut-off, at either 450 or 500 AD.

1000, 800 if you are really liberal.

"Mihi Satis Apparet Propter     Diarmuit Ui Dhuinn
  Se Ipsum Appetenda Sapientia"	University of Northkeep
 -- St. Dunstan			Northkeepshire, Ansteorra
				(I. Marc Carlson/IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu)