Heraldry

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Thu Apr 6 20:15:05 PDT 1995

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of Deborah Sweet  to All]

 DS> Aodhan writes:

 >> There are far too many people playing in the SCA who have absolutely
 >> no inclination to learn the least little bit of Medieval or
 >> Rennaissance history. They just want to dress weird, swill booze, and
 >> chase after bed partners. Frankly, I wish they'd all just move along
 >> to SF Fandom.

 DS> Hey! Not everyone in SF fandom dresses weird, swills booze & chases
 DS> after bed partners!

True.  I don't and Eimile doesn't.  But those behaviors are accepted as normal
there <g>.

 DS> But you will find people who dress weird, swill booze & chase bed
 DS> partners in almost *any* organization (in varying degrees). And the
 DS> people who don't do these things often wish that those who do "do
 DS> them"  would move over to some organization "where that kind of thing
 DS> is more  tolerated/appropriate." :-)

Also true.  And I don't necessarily oppose those pursuits (I've been single a
couple of times in my life), but I do oppose those who join an organization
*strictly* to follow those pursuits and have no real interest in the
organization.

 DS> But I do agree with your original statement that "there are too many
 DS> people playing in the SCA who have absolutely no inclination to learn
 DS> the least little bit of Medieval or Renaissance history". However *I*
 DS> don't want them to move over to SF fandom. Maybe they should just
 DS> hang  out at bars more.

Hmmm... I could reccommend a few near downtown Houston they might find
"amusing" ...

Feicfidh me' ari's thu',

Aodhan
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich    aodhan at dobharchu.org
Master of the Laurel            Lough na Dobharchu' BBS  1-713-338-2570
Dobharchu' Herald               "Your Information Roman Road"
mka David H. Brummel            1:106/22  180:11/22  762:2200/2
SCA Member 02245                Barony of Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
http://www.phoenix.net/~dbrummel
plummety sable and argent on a sun of eight rays or a feather bendwise
sinister sable