Heraldry

Leslie Miller miller at pp.okstate.edu
Mon Apr 10 09:04:39 PDT 1995

> Kewl!  Did you learn enough Old Norse to help with checking Norse name
> submissions?  The CoH really only has one good reference publication on Norse
> names and someone with a knowledge of the language could really help us in the
> cases that fall outside te scope of that publication.

I disliked California intensely and fled before I had a chance to get
into many classes which really interested me. (I had to go through the
modern stuff before getting into Norse, and it was almost more than I
could endure.  Doom and gloom, doom and gloom. In what creative ways
can we torture our characters today?)

Are you needing somebody who can do name translations, or somebody
who knows where to look for existing Norse names?   I'd probably be
more help at the latte, but would be willing to attempt the former,
with the understanding that my limited amount of knowledge may be worse
than useless.  I really don't have much of an idea as to what is
actually involved in the heraldic process, but I could (should) learn.

Gunhilda
Shire of Mooneschadowe
miller at pp.okstate.edu