Heraldry

I. Marc Carlson IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu
Fri Apr 14 12:13:45 PDT 1995

<Estril:From: dssweet at Okway.okstate.edu (Deborah Sweet)>
(Via private mail -- reprinted with permission)
>I really did like your re-division of the heraldry office. It's a shame
>you didn't get any response/discussion from some of the higher-ups in
>heraldry (who I *know* to be on this list).

I suspect that's because there's really no point to their replying.
This is the way it's been done, this is how it will remain, and all
that.

>...Continuing the heraldry thread: is our perception of the heraldry office
>peculiar to the northern groups? or is it a result of how few heralds
>there actually are here in the north (as opposed to the central region
>where you swing a stick and hit a herald)? It seems like here in the
>north, once someone has served their time as a herald *very* few of them
>continue their association with the college of heralds. I have a feeling
>that this may be different in other regions of Ansteorra. What your
>thoughts on this? [You're welcome to re-post this to the list, if you
>want. *You* might get a response from someone. I don't think I would.:-(]

I can think of a few heralds I wouldn't mind hitting with a stick :)

OTOH, I'd really like to dispute your perception, but for the life of me
I can't.  Perhaps one of those Herald Emeritus types might want to take
up this point???  Hmmm????

"Mihi Satis Apparet Propter     Diarmuit Ui Dhuinn
  Se Ipsum Appetenda Sapientia"	University of Northkeep
 -- St. Dunstan			Northkeepshire, Ansteorra
				(I. Marc Carlson/IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu)