heraldy

James Crouchet crouchet at infinity.ccsi.com
Mon Apr 17 12:27:26 PDT 1995

On Mon, 17 Apr 1995, David Mann wrote:

>      Greetings to all and Mistress Dunstana,
>
>      You are right about my Lady wife being the local herald and KMoC. The
>      local Heralds job for her is not a great burden any more. She has
>      gathered a heraldic staff together. She has a 2 book heralds, 2
>      heraldic artists, and 2 site/court heralds. She has also a previous
>      herald returning to help and to takeover this summer.
>                                                 Marke

This does seem to be the answer in areas where it works well.  What's
more, I am sure two or three of these folks would be qualified to step in
if she had to resign, and they would already have a staff in place.  The
next step would be to train the replacement's replacement and all could
continue on.  It is always good to have a few "in training" folks too, to
provide staff when some staff member needs to step back for a while. At
least, that is the almost impossible to reach goal.

For help getting these folks trained in the first place, contact Star. I
know this training exists because I use to do the voice training for the
kingdom.

Even given all this though, local herald is a tough job.

Savian