Heraldic supporters

Nan Bradford-Reid n.b-reid at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Fri Aug 18 09:13:24 PDT 1995

>     >>>Catherine said:
>     >>>They are, in fact, supporters, and may not be registered with your
>     >>>arms until you "earn" them, however, if someone wants to paint a
>     >>>wall hanging or make a tapestry and have *one* figure holding up
>     >>>your shield or lozenge, I personally have no problems with it.
>     >>It was my understanding that the SCA didn't care one way or the
>     >>other about supporters. Is there something written down in either
>     >>Ansteorran kingdom law or SCA Corpura that restricts the use of
>     >>supporters to those with certain awards? If so, I'd like to be made
>     >>aware of it and I'd like to know which type of supporters are
>     >>restricted to which award.
>     >>
>     >>Thanks.
>     >>  Stefan li Rous
>     >You may add a helm and mantling with a grant level award (Iris, Star
>     >of Merit, GoA, etc.) you may add supporters and a motto with a
>     >peerage level (Knight, Laurel, Pelican).
>     >Catherine
>
>     Greetings,
>     Catherine, only brass hats get to add the supporters. Only Peers get
>     the Motto. Since I don't have the acheivement text handout with me,
>     I'll post who gets what this afternoon.
>     Marke
>     Mooneschadowe

Not to belabor the point, but when Alisandre became a laurel, she added
supporters to her arms, and Master Ambrose is waiting, I thought, for Conor
to decide his supporters so he can do the achievement scroll for him.
(Maybe he's only waiting for the motto?)   Am I remembering wrong, or are
*all* these laurels up a tree?  >8-}???

C.