Heraldic supporters

Meadhbhni at aol.com Meadhbhni at aol.com
Fri Aug 18 08:59:10 PDT 1995

Catherine writes:Not to belabor the point, but when Alisandre became a
laurel, she added
supporters to her arms, and Master Ambrose is waiting, I thought, for Conor
to decide his supporters so he can do the achievement scroll for him.
(Maybe he's only waiting for the motto?)   Am I remembering wrong, or are
*all* these laurels up a tree?  >8-}???

I think that laurels (and other peerages) get a helm, mantle and a motto for
their elevation.  Supporters are for the nobility.  If any of these
individuals are also nobility, they may have waited to add all the
augmentations at once.

Kief, did i get it right? :>

meadhbh