Heraldic supporters(LONG!reply)

Fox Purtill blackfox at eden.com
Wed Aug 23 11:50:56 PDT 1995

At 10:33 AM 8/23/95 -0400, you wrote:
>But wait...that's not all...You are entitled to one FREE scroll per award
>LEVEL.  That is, you are allowed 1 AOA level hand-done scroll, 1 GRANT level
>, 1 PEERAGE level, 1 NOBILITY level...all free!  Anymore than that and you
>must pay a scribe/illuminator for their time/cost of materials etc...  The
>cool thing is that you may "sandbag" on your awards.  As an example:
>              Jon Doe receives his AOA
>              Lord Jon Doe receives a Sable Thistle for Foolery
>              Lord Jon Doe then receives a Compass Rose for his outstanding
>work with                       the children.
>              Lord Jon Doe then has his name and arms passed by the College
>of Heralds
>Now Lord Jon gets together with his local herald, fills out the Achievement
>Registration form and mails it.  Once it has gone through all the proper
>channels, he will eventually receive an original scroll.  This scroll will
>have his aAOA listed, his Thistle with its appropriate insignia drawn on the
>scroll, and his Compass Rose with its insignia drawn on the scroll. All three
>are AOA level awards...thus his one free scroll for that level has been
>fulfilled.  If at a later date Lord Jon receives any other AOA level awards
>Moriel^^^

 Alas, this is not always true.  I received my AoA in 1979, it was recorded
sometime in 1980, but records didn't find it till 1984.  I never received a
formal scroll or hand-done anything.  I do desire my arms hand-done or some
sort of formal writing that I can frame for my home or office, but I've not
received it.  The only other award I have been given was a service award for
curtesy in Caid.  And no scroll for that either (there was supposed to be
sent a medallion for the service award, but that never made it to me either).
 I feel the powers that be have forsaken me, my homeland Barony is reduced
to a shire, then disbanded into oblivion only to be remembered as history.
Then I go to a border war (autocrated by my mother and myself), for a border
that doesn't exist anymore (see disbanded Barony) and am awarded my AoA
which appears never to have been penned (my device had passed years before
this at least).  What did I do wrong?
 I wonder what's next?  A mis-fired catapult into my bedroom?  Rattlesnakes
in my armor?

    / Lord Crispin Lechtscaerpne Starblade / aka-Fox Anton Purtill    /
   / Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra - House Starblade                        /
  / blackfox at eden.com | starblad at eden.com | foxp at eden.com (or any   /
 / of the above @trueblue.com) | Castle Keep BBS (512) 451-7770    /