Fwd: Smalls

I. Marc Carlson IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu
Fri Dec 1 06:27:34 PST 1995

<aodhan at dobharchu.org (Aodhan Ite an Fhithich)>
>What does the OED say about "small" especially its use as a noun??

The section I sent the other day was *it*.  There is no such use, other
than in a modifying form.

>BTW, do you type all that stuff in, or do you have access to the CD version of
>the OED??  If the former, you're crazy (!! <G>), if the latter, I'm insanely
>jealous.

CD. I still have to dance through a number of hoops to download it,
edit it, and upload it to mail, but they are no comparison to the mess
of having to type it all.

To be honest, I prefer the paper version, though, for simple searching,
as it takes me about as long, and is, to me, easier to use (none of that
stupid "page down" button pushing).

Diarmuit