* SOMEBODY VOTE DAMMIT!* from GC council

James Crouchet crouchet at infinity.ccsi.com
Fri Dec 1 08:02:45 PST 1995

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995 C11Hartel at aol.com wrote:

> >Aodhan (in one of my more cynical moods...)
>
> Go Aodhan, go Aodhan!  Thank you for showing me I'm NOT the the only cynic
> out there.  I've wondered for a while why the GC was created.
>
> Moriel^^^

No, you are not alone. I have read many of the GC reports, and while they
are dealing with many of the stickier problems the SCA faces they are
addressing the details, not the grand picture. Even when something like an
overall change to structure of the SCA is proposed the debate about
whether or not it will work invloves only the most minute of details.

There also seems to be an unspoken requirement that your suggestion must
improve the SCA's financial or legal situation. Everybody seems to have
forgotten that the SCA is just a place for us to play! It has no intrinsic
value and it's purpose is internal. In short, what is good for the SCA
does not matter; what matters is what is good for the members. The
ultimate question for any proposal has got to be WILL IT MAKE THE GAME
MORE SATISFYING FOR THOSE WHO PLAY?

Now before anyone jumps on me I will qualify this by saying that doing
things that will get us all arrested or make us go bankrupt would probably
not be very satisfying in the long run. We must consider those issues, but
the focus should always be on the members, not the organization.

Savain

For sale: Slightly used soap box. May have foot prints on top, some
scorch marks and a slight 'brimstone' smell.