pavilions

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Fri Jul 7 08:22:02 PDT 1995

And unless you got to events VERY regularly, almost weekly you are going to
have store a great hunk of molding & mildewed canvas. Sorry, period
pavilions are
wonderful, but 90% of the people *I* know cannot afford to drop 300$ and
waste the space on soemthing like that.

Not quite true. You don't have to go to events regularly to make a
period canvas tent pay. Just for an extended amount of time. Modern
nylon tents usually last only a few years due to UV exposure. A
canvas tent can last much longer. I'm still using a canvas tent
that my family was first using back in the 60s.

You do have to be more careful to make sure a canvas tent is dry
before you store it.

My new period pavillion which is over twice the size of this other
canvas tent (17 x 17 vs. 8 x 8) is only slightly bigger when folded.
The poles make a bundle about twice as big around.

Stefan li Rous
<<<<<<<

-mcihael