Sca-speak

Nancy Bradford-Reid n.b-reid at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 11 09:54:07 PDT 1995

>On 10 Jul 95 at 21:02, I. Marc Carlson wrote:
>
>> Sca-speak.
>> Mundane Term      Jargon Term.           Other possible terms
>
>> ---------         Feast Gear
>  Table setting     Feast Gear
>
>I was wondering lately, is Feast Gear itself period?  Should we
>be trying to get away from the bring your own 'potluck' table settings?

How would you propose to do it?  Have every group keep track of and wash
200-400 place settings?  Although it is probably not period for every
person to bring their own, it is certainly the most practical solution,
short of paper cups and plates and plastic utensils (yack).  I figure if I
win the lottery I could build the dream site, hall, etc. and tell everyone
"feast on us, don't worry about feast gear," but alas....

Catherine