Tournament Survey

Katherine Roberts ROBERTSK at csc-tips.tamu.edu
Tue Jul 11 17:07:20 PDT 1995

Hi this is Ivan Ezhov, Not Katherine.

> Date:          Tue, 11 Jul 1995 12:53:25 -0500
> To:            ansteorra at eden.com
> From:          mordraut at moritu.com (Mordraut Freyulf)
> Subject:       Tournament Survey

> Since Sir Kein brought up the fighters aspect of tournaments, I have a
> simple survey that I'll ask everyone, that includes lurkers:-)
>

> 1)  As a fighter, either style, what type of tournament do you like?
>

> 2)  As a non-fighter, what type of tournament do you like to watch?
>

> See, that's easy.  If you answer as a fighter, please indicate which style
> you fight.  Also, if you want, please put down the "why" for each question.
>
> Now for the hard part, please reply to this off-list, my address is in my
> .sig, this way Pug doesn't have to deal with each and every reply.  I will
> compile this an post the results, if there are any:-)
>
> Mordraut
> |---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> |   Mordraut Freyulf  |         To try is to succeed           | Dark Horde |
> | mordraut at moritu.com |         To NOT try is to fail          |   Moritu   |
> |---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I am a heavy fighter, I prefer Challenge tourneys, Where each fighter
challenges the others in the tourney. This gives newer fighters a
chance to fight people that they would never normally get to fight,
and esures that  they dont just fight 2 fights and take the armor
off. There is a certain amount of experience that can only be gained
from fighting people in a competitive atmosphere, people fight
different in a tourney than they do at fighter practice. I like a
tourney where the marshalls arent in such a hurry to get you on and
off the field that things like chivalry and courtesy are forgotten.
If there are too many fighters, get more marshalls and have multiple
fights going on. Also, the list field should be bigger than your
average sized postage stamp. Part of the skill of fighting is foot
work, the fighters should not be forced to give that up in order to
keep inside the list field.

                                                   Ivan the Hedgehog
                                                   Dan Roberts

Katherine Roberts