A question on War

Nancy Bradford-Reid n.b-reid at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 18 12:43:01 PDT 1995

Huge snip from Gunhilda's message-in fact the whole thing---

Stop, stop, you're putting me into tears because I can't go to Pennsic this
year.  Yes, in spite of the fact that it rained nearly the entire week last
year, it was one of the most memorable and fun times I've ever had.  Wars
(war-events) are far and away more fun than tournaments, even when your GP
medium tries to become airborne and comes down on your camping tent inside
and trashes everything in sight, even when you have a medical problem and
wake up after nine straight hours of rain--on only the second day!--and
seriously consider real head-bashing for a change, the memories of Pennsic
are some I will cherish forever, even if--heaven forbid--I never get to go
to another one.

The "dream"  (speaking of annoying terms) really comes alive at Pennsic, if
you can ignore some of the rather mundane aspects.

I remain yours,
Catherine "will be excavating the house for Pennsic" Harwell

Yes, that means Sir Conor and his halbard are staying home this year--who
do you think is going help excavate the house?