A couple more questions

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Jul 20 08:06:57 PDT 1995

>>4) (To non-fighters) What could fighters do to make things more
>>interesting for you in a war?

>Drums.  Really *GOOD* D&C leading to proper unit formations.

But not drums ALL day and ALL night!

And bagpipes! That's what they were originally used for, no?
(In period, they were not confined to use by the Scots.)

>5) (To all) Describe some of your favorite moments at a war.

One of my favorite moments at a war was back at the last Outland's
War. It was at night and I found myself wandering between camps. I
was out in the middle of the field where the battles had been earlier
in the day. The murmur of speach, laughter and music could be heard
from the distant camps. Drums could be heard in the distance. Campfires
could be seen sprinkled around. Although various clouds of smoke could
be seen above some campsites, the sky overhead was clear. All mundanity
was hidden, at least for a moment.

Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad