Cynric (was Re: A couple more questions.)

Nancy Bradford-Reid n.b-reid at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Tue Jul 25 09:48:24 PDT 1995

>><Catherine<n.b-reid at mail.utexas.edu (Nancy Bradford-Reid)>>
>>>A) Does *Master* Cynric ring a bell?  You know, the guy who got his laurel
>>>for, among other things, research and performance of period persussion
>>>instruments.
>
>Thanks for telling what his Laurel was for.  All these years I thought it was
>for Calligraphy and Illumination.  Boy do I feel silly...now I need to
>backtrack and tell several people what he "really" got it for.   oi-vey...
>
> I did see him doing alot of drumming at Coronation, go figure...
>
>Moriel***(still trying to recover from this past weekend) :-}

Well, I did say, among other things.  The other things include callig. and
Illum.  Unlike some other kingdoms, Ansteorra *usually* requires one to be
excellent in one or more fields, proficient in several more.  If you go to
Pennsic's Grand Court, you will see many peers made and for the East
Kingdom, I think it is, they will actually say "...elevated to the rank,
estate, etc. etc. ad nauseum, for Costuming (or armoring, or whatever)"
Here they don't do that.  Beginning with the grant level A&S award it just
says for really nifty stuff in the arts & sciences.  Cynric also makes
beautiful reliquaries and writes hilarious articles based on research into
language, customs, etc.  --among other things--

Catherine.