Dog Guild

Mordraut Freyulf mordraut at moritu.com
Wed Jun 28 19:59:50 PDT 1995

> I am interested in starting a dog guild for Ansteorra.  How do I go about
>getting it "recognized" as official?
>
>I see the guild as being a group interested in dogs in terms of the SCA.
>This guild would be a source of information for dog-owners as to which
>events allow dogs and more importantly, responsibilities of dog-owners at
>events.
>A guild such as this could go a long way toward easing the tension between
>the dog-lover and anti-dog crowds.
>
>If anyone is interested in being a part of the guild - email me
>
>Christian Erik Wolfhart
>House Canis Gigantis
>cdoelle at sam.neosoft.com

I'm interested.  I have a 4 yr old male (neutered) keeshond.  Keir has been
going to events all his life and is very well behaved.  I pick up after him
and never leave him alone at events.  Keir and I have helped teach dog
safety classes for kids here in Bryn Gwlad.

Try asking the KMoAS, Master Thomas, how to start a guild.  I would suggest
that this guild also encourage members to train their dogs to pass the
Canine Good Citizen test.  This tests basic good social behavior in dogs,
and it's sponsored by the AKC.  If a group wasn't sure about having dogs at
an event it could limit the event to dogs with a CGC.  This would be proof
that the dog was well behaved and socialized, and that the owner is
responsible.

It would be nice to know for sure which events allow dogs.  Many flyers
don't mention it at all. or says no dogs and doesn't enforce it.  I get
angry when I leave my dog at home because a flyer says "no dogs" and when I
go to the event there are dogs there.  Steppes Warlord has been that way for
the past four years at least.

|  Mirrim of Bristol  |  Don't tell Mordraut, but I've logged  |Dark Horde |
| mordraut at moritu.com |       	into his account:-)            |  Moritu   |