Dog Guild

Christopher R. Doelle cdoelle at sam.neosoft.com
Thu Jun 29 06:29:18 PDT 1995

>I'm interested.  I have a 4 yr old male (neutered) keeshond.  Keir has been
>going to events all his life and is very well behaved.  I pick up after him
>and never leave him alone at events.  Keir and I have helped teach dog
>safety classes for kids here in Bryn Gwlad.

Exactly, it is dog owners like you and I that this guild would help.  Not to
mention maybe teaching a few things to some uninformed owners.

>Try asking the KMoAS, Master Thomas, how to start a guild.  I would suggest
>that this guild also encourage members to train their dogs to pass the
>Canine Good Citizen test.  This tests basic good social behavior in dogs,
>and it's sponsored by the AKC.  If a group wasn't sure about having dogs at
>an event it could limit the event to dogs with a CGC.  This would be proof
>that the dog was well behaved and socialized, and that the owner is
>responsible.

I think this would be a great idea.

>It would be nice to know for sure which events allow dogs.  Many flyers
>don't mention it at all. or says no dogs and doesn't enforce it.  I get
>angry when I leave my dog at home because a flyer says "no dogs" and when I
>go to the event there are dogs there.  Steppes Warlord has been that way for
>the past four years at least.

Yeah, I ran into that too.  It is rather upsetting since my household is
named for my dog - House Canis Gigantis.

I'll try to get in touch with Master Thomas and keep everyone posted
cdoelle at sam.neosoft.com