Weather update

James Crouchet crouchet at infinity.ccsi.com
Fri Mar 3 09:53:13 PST 1995

On Fri, 3 Mar 1995, Fox Purtill wrote:

> >>The National Weather Service now (Thursday morning) reports a 50% chance of
> >>rain TODAY & Tonight, 30% Friday (dimishing as day goes on) and only a slight
> >>chance on Saturday.  Highs for Saturday & Sunday in the 70s, Lows in the 50s.
> >>
> >>Sounds cool but not wretchedly so, and perhaps damp when we set up
> >>Friday.  I have camped in much worse weather than this, and Saturday will
> >>probably turn out to be a pretty day.
> >>
> >>Savian
> >
> >Catriona feels that perhaps the ground will be a bit too wet.  We haven't
> >got decent field-ready garb at this time and the garb we do have doesn't do
> >well in this sort of situation.  We MAY pass on going.
> >
> I was watching the Weather Channel this morning, and they were forecasting
> scattered thunderstorms both Saturday AND Sunday. I will be turning them on
> again before I go to bed tonight, but unless they have made a drastic change
> since 10:30 am, I am most disinclined to deal with muck and mud.
>
> Catriona Rowley Kerr

Yes, they have upgraded the chance of rain for Saturday to 30% and from
none to a slight chance (under 20% in weather jargon) on Sunday.  They
have also dropped the expected lows by 3 or 4 degrees for Saturday night,
meaning somewhere in the high 40s.

Still, we'll live, we probaly won't be rained on and I DAMN WELL AN NOT
GONNA MISS CONNOR GETTING KNIGHTED (about bloody time!) even if it snows
and rains boiling tar!

Savian