Tournaments

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Thu Mar 23 11:45:38 PST 1995

> If we have feast it would be when their
>Majesties (or their kids) got hungry.

As someone who has cooked several feasts, I would be careful about having a
feast like this.   Cooks get trashed when the food is too cold, too dry,
too done, too simple, too little  or too late (even if they are awaiting
their majesties pleasure).  Trying to prepare a feast without knowing WHEN
to have it ready would be nigh impossible, particular a full period feast
with lots of dishes and several removes.  What if their majesties decided
they were hungry at 4pm or at 9pm? Lots of dishes need to be served when
ready and their flavor deteriorates over time. Even a simple roast would
not taste as good 2 hours after its done if the cook is trying to keep it
warm (tends to dry out).  Now it would be possible to serve a cold feast or
a very simple feast of stew, bread and cheese and dessert.

Baroness Clarissa di Firenze